My client have a significant number of new investment projects coming up that have resulted in some exciting opportunities to join the Procurement Team to work directly on key strategic investment and sustainability projects across the group.
My client is a leading global industrial manufacturer based in The North West who are looking for a talented Procurement Manager to join their team on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract
- to identify project need, ensure deliverables are clear and measurable
- assist the PM to secure project funding and prepare project brief where required
- provide commercial leadership for allocated contracts ensuring 'value for money' is obtained from the supply of all goods and services.
- Ensure that contractor staff are suitably qualified and experienced for the requirements of their work.
- this includes supplier appraisal, supporting development of specifications, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, contract placement, inaugural meetings, variation management, claim management, programme / performance monitoring and payment validation
- to assist Project Managers in all aspects of project delivery and budget management.
- ensure compliance with relevant processes, regulation, health & safety, environmental compliance and best practice are pursued in all key areas of delivery
- to review and agree monthly submissions for payment
- to receive, review and amend/improve project KPI's.
- support the internal budget holders with the management of contract expenditure and contribute to the learning and experience by providing useful tools
- to arrange and/or chair project progress meetings
- to ensure appropriate closure of projects in accordance with good practice for take over and commissioning, ensuring sign off by key stakeholders of successful delivery
- contribute to the realisation of synergies across projects and sites
- develop effective procedures and documentation to ensure standard methodology and consistent approach to procurement project management and delivery
- to ensure that systems and processes are implemented to audit, monitor and manage the performance of the supply chain in delivering the projects.
- educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a technical or commercial discipline
- proven track record in delivering successful value for money procurement and contract management role in high value/ high risk projects on time and within budget
- experienced in formulating procurement strategies from TCO, Target Costing, D&B
- excellent understanding of various forms of contract and key commercial and contractual risks that need to be managed, mitigated or negotiated to ensure the project risks are limited
- evidence of strong negotiation skills and experience of understanding and negotiating a range of commercial contracts such as ICHEMI, NEC,
- Strong project management and planning skills
- excellent people skills to facilitate communication and cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- excellent attention to detail documenting key issues, concerns, options raised during monthly meetings and ensuring that any decisions, risks and options are closed out and mitigation / variations documented throughout the project delivery
- experience working with contract management for construction / EPC projects and through to the operational phase
- CIPS qualified contract administration and project procurement specialist
My client is offering a base salary of up to £60k plus package for the ideal candidate