Senior Buyer - Manufacturing and Production - Stockport
My client is a growing and established manufacturer with a healthy order book, looking to expand their purchasing function and are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their experienced purchasing team.
The key responsibilities for this Manufacturing and Production Senior Buyer based in Stockport will be;
- Maintaining, growing and creating relationships with new and existing suppliers ensuring that the best terms are negotiated in line with the business interests.
- Supporting Supply Chain management team and utilise the SAP MRP system to ensure that the Purchasing and Supply Chain function runs as efficiently as possible and research market trends to forecast appropriately.
- Contribute to run VA - VE activities, assessing supplier capabilities and increase value and improvement across suppliers.
- Update and maintain the MRP system to allow the automation process of stock control to be maximised.
The successful candidate for this Senior Buyer vacancy will;
- A minimum of 4 years experience within a manufacturing purchasing role.
- A good understanding in Excel and SAP knowing how to manipulate the system and operate accordingly.
- An ability to adapt to a broad spend portfolio.
- MCIPS and degree qualified is highly desirable.
- Strong negotiation, communication and organisational skills are required.
- Ability to take on multiple tasks within a fast environment.
£35,000 - £40,000 plus package