Commercial Contract Relationship Manager
Are you a talented, experienced, contract and supplier relationship manager who is ready to take on a new challenge where you can utilise your influencing & negotiating skills? Our high profile, complex Utilities client is seeking a senior team member to lead and develop high profile supplier relationships.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure - pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation.
The Commercial Contract Relationship Manager will:
- Form part of the contract management team within our client’s commercial division, to lead and develop the contract management of approx. 100 agreements for the group & retail business units; with a value in excess of £250m.
- Lead a small team of Contract Managers to identify and develop robust commercial and contract management strategies, drive value and innovation and ensure improved performance from the team and suppliers.
- Have the autonomy to proactively seek better opportunities to share best practice within the wider business to enhance the customer experience, and drive better value for money whilst identifying and mitigating risks.
- Ensure contract compliance and work collaboratively with teams to achieve the safe and cost effective delivery of the services across the company.
- Ensure the organisation is best positioned in the industry to take advantage of new technologies which improve customer service and operational effectiveness.
- Work on contracts that support the group and retail business unit, which includes professional services, consultancy agreements, HR contracts and more.
- Be provided with a great path for development; and will have a great sense of achievement along the way.
Key skills required:
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, commercially aware, with a focus on outputs.
- Engaging & motivational people management skills with strong experience of improving and driving innovation within accountability of managing contracts.
- A good understanding of contract law and a proven history of dealing with difficult negotiations.
- Resilience and experience in dealing with conflicting priorities & difficult situations
- A good working knowledge of OJEU regulations.
- The ideal candidate will be an advocate for building the brand and reputation for the commercial division, and for organisation as a customer.
- Due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving licence is required
- Ideally educational achievement to Degree level or equivalent e.g. CIPS
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.