Assistant Contract Manager
Our high profile utilities client is immediately hiring for an experienced Assistant Contracts Manager with a background in supporting ongoing contract and supplier relationship management. This is a challenging developmental role, and presents a great opportunity for the right candidate.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure - pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation.
The Assistant Contracts Manager will:
- Form part of the wider Commercial team, to manage a suite of operational framework agreements, assure compliance and use your initiative & tenacity to deliver results.
- Be responsible for the supplier-client experience in your designated division of either, for a portfolio of contracts, totalling circa £20m.
- Work closely with the Contracts manager, to ensure both the business and our suppliers have an effective & long-lasting relationship to enable effective service delivery and encourage continuous improvement & innovation.
- Drive value & innovation, provide cost-effective solutions and monitor our supplier's performance to ensure they deliver in line with their agreements.
- Adhere to and support the development of enduring contract management processes.
- Effectively consider and manage through each initiative: compliance, deliverables, innovation, risk management, collaboration, health and safety & well-being.
- Have the opportunity to work closely with other teams, including, legal, financial, regulatory, operational and market experts.
Key skills required:
- Previous exposure to contract management in a complex environment.
- Strong experience of managing ongoing relationships with service providers.
- Great attention to detail, good influencing skills and an ability to communicate / translate information to key stakeholders at all levels. You will be commercially astute with confident financial analysis skills and be able to manage conflicting priorities.
- You will have a good understanding of basic negotiation process, tools & techniques and can apply practically with support.
- Ideally educational achievement to Degree level or equivalent e.g. CIPS
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.