Hands-on Procurement Manager required for our client in West Yorkshire. Part of a small team, you’ll be responsible for developing & delivering general indirect procurement & sourcing strategies - Corporate, Professional & Business Services. Interested?
As Procurement Manager, you will support the Strategic Procurement Manager in ensuring significant added value is gained from all third party suppliers; internal procurement processes are efficient and well controlled; supply risks to the business are appropriately mitigated; manage the provision and delivery of negotiation, contract support and procurement opportunities to support the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing support to the Strategic Procurement Manager
- Providing mentoring support to the Buyer (where appropriate)
- Supporting the development and delivery of strategic procurement to the Company’s requirements
- Effectively managing a number of assigned categories of critical and important spend, contracts and suppliers and deliver cost benefits to the business whilst mitigating supply chain risks
- Supporting the delivery of the Company’s commercial objectives in line with agreed targets.
- Supporting and leading (where appropriate) commercial negotiations
- Planning, developing and maintaining sourcing processes and strategies for assigned areas of expenditure.
- Supporting the development and utilisation of and procurement strategy, governance structure and procedures within the business.
- Acting as an escalation point for contractual and protracted service failures for assigned areas of expenditure.
- Provision of commercial and technical advice to the business areas for assigned arears of expenditure.
- Commercial support on projects, taking the lead negotiation role to develop complex, medium risk contracts with own authority
- Providing support in the management of Tiered suppliers in accordance with the SRM Toolkit
- Supplier Relationship Management of a selection of Tiered suppliers in accordance with the SRM Toolkit
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Degree and MCIPS qualified
- Senior level experience in a results driven Indirect Procurement role, (particularly supplier performance improvement and cost control), with experience of managing outsourced relationships
- Category Management experience across a range of categories including IT, Professional Services, Corporate Services, Business Services and Marketing
- Financial Services sector experience
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- A sound knowledge of procurement processes and procedures
- Commercially aware with proactive can do attitude
- Ability to think creatively in order to continually develop category area(s)
- Current, working knowledge of relevant categories, supplier sourcing and selection
- High level negotiation, communication & influencing skills
- Collaborative style which develops effective and supportive internal relationships across the Group
- Experience of supplier dispute resolution and contract termination
- Knowledge of typical outsourcing contract provisions and their application
- Good team player with positive attitude to supporting colleagues and working flexibly
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Buying Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Procurement Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Category management Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £50,000 - £59,999