Senior Contract Manager - Networks
Are you commercially astute with an in-depth understanding of Contract Law and proficient in the purpose, composition, interpretation, management and enforcement of complex Technology / Networks service agreements / contracts / frameworks?
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Senior Contract Manager – Networks who will be dedicated to the commercial contract management of the Networks contracts, ensuring effective stakeholder management and governance is in place together with performance management frameworks, risk management, issues resolution, financial management, change control and overall contract and statutory compliance.
This role is an integral part of a new Intelligent Client Function (ICF) providing essential commercial support for service and performance leads within the business.
In this role you will ensure that positive commercial relationships are built and maintained with the supply chain to maintain and enhance performance, improve service delivery and create additional value and drive innovation in contracts to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Commercially astute
- Have an in depth understanding of Contract Law and be proficient in the purpose, composition, interpretation, management and enforcement of complex service agreements/contracts/frameworks
- Proven track record and detailed understanding of contract management processes, complex performance management regimes and incentivisation mechanisms
- Experience of the development and implementation of Supplier Relationship Management strategies
- Experience of negotiating and managing large scale complex contracts, engaging with lawyers and other advisors as required
Have applied knowledge of telecoms, networks and other ICT service contracts
- Experience of commercial management and delivery at senior level
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans
- An understanding of Public Contract Regulations and standard sourcing methodologies
- Strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience
- Able to provide leadership and market insight across the business to ensure that it achieves maximum value for money.
- Exhibits ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written) and various levels/audiences
- Able to interact and effectively influence senior stakeholders with or without authority, building collaborative partnerships where appropriate. Engages with users to understand requirements, influencing decision making, able to effectively question and challenge users (act as a “critical friend”)
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate, manage and coach direct reports to deliver specific tasks, embracing the use of Personal Development Reviews to manage and enhance performance
- Demonstrate an ability to engage by listening & communicating succinctly and clearly using appropriate methods to suit all audiences to maximise understanding and impact
- Generates effective solutions to complex problems, resolving queries and complaints
- Politically astute with an ability to develop networks both within the organisation and externally
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes (Purchase – to – Pay)
- Experience of dealing with complex demand challenges in a complex operational environment
- Experience of managing in a diverse workforce including non-direct reports
- Possess a relevant higher level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Desirable - CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification
Due to Security vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.