This is an exciting opportunity in a newly created role. Assisting and contributing to buying a number of key materials for a manufacturing business based just outside of London.
The business are a leading manufacturing business, creating, developing and producing a number of key products that are globally well known. Our client is an innovative, effective and experienced manufacturing company.
- Provide fact based analysis to support proposals.
- Identify and research potential suppliers in line with the company's strategic objectives.
- Request and review RFQ's taking the Total cost of Ownership approach.
- To assist the Supply Chain Manager in key negotiations
- Cost, delivery and quality of all purchases.
- Create and maintain all supplier related system data.
- Support Contract Management.
- Support Supplier relationship management.
- Support new product development from a purchasing prospective.
- Identifying saving opportunities.
- Produce monthly reports and KPI's.
- Educated to degree standard, ideally within Engineering.
- Have the ability and previous experience within reading technical drawings
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in Buyer / purchasing role.
- Advance Word & Excel skills, including being able to use VLookups and Pivot tables.
- Extensive autonomy, and the ability to make key decisions effecting the company alongside the Supply chain Manager.
- Excellent working hours and half day on Fridays!
- Good salary and benefit's.