Interim Transport Manager
A role based within one of our client's largest sites, the Transport Manager will be required to manage the distribution operation of their large agriculture operation.
Fantastic opportunity to join a well-established agricultural company within their Transport department. Our client has an international presence within the agricultural space.
The key responsibilities of the Transport Manager are as follows:
- Ensure efficient cost and effective planning of the operation
- Continually review and re-engineer the operation to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Work with all stakeholders to include internal stakeholders (Warehouse Management/Site Management) to ensure the nett effect of any decision adds greatest value to the business.
- Manage the operation ensuring that all Service Level Agreement KPI's are achieved
- To maintain a well-motivated and enthusiastic team.
- Ensure all relevant operational procedures are adhered to in order maintain Company quality standards and competitiveness
- Monitor and review operational performance and takes timely action to address any issues
- Drives quality throughout the service depot and department challenging others to improve.
The successful Transport Manager will possess the following skills and experience:
- An experienced Transport/Logistics manager
- Proven success in operating within budgetary requirements whilst achieving and exceeding customer expectations
- Commercial awareness
- National CPC qualification.
- Comprehensive knowledge or Transport, Drivers hours, WTD and Employment law.
- Familiarity with Transport management systems
- Commands respect from the team through knowledge, experience and positive personal style.
- Leads the team, taking responsibility and ownership of the service centre.
- Recognises the importance of and effectively delivers regular communication to all team members.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and demands working under pressure to critical deadlines and objectives.
The successful Transport Manager will be offered a salary of between £35,000 and £40,000.