This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a well-established purchasing team in Chesterfield. In this role you will be responsible for developing strong relationships with suppliers, you will also be requested to purchase all raw materials driven by the MRP systems
I'm currently working with a client who are a market leader in innovation. A fast paced manufacturer they are looking for an experience Buyer to join their team based in Chesterfield. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is looking to develop their purchasing skills and are looking to progress in their career
As the Buyer in this business you will be responsible for the following.
- Processing of component and factored goods orders to meet production and customer needs.
- Monitoring of Products requirements and Bill of Material inventories for order placement to vendors.
- Support set up of Products and Bill of Materials.
- Effective control of phase in /out parts.
- Analysis of customer requirements to identify demand variances.
- Communicate & report effectively to managers and colleagues.
- Propose solutions to solve daily supply issues.
- Lead vendors to achieve on-time customer delivery.
Personal Specification of the Buyer;
- Experience within a high-volume environment would be an advantage
- Purchasing experience within an MRP environment is essential
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office. Excel is essential
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritise work load without supervision
£25,000 - £28,000