Page Personnel Logistic are currently looking to recruit a Documentation Manager for a global trading business in London.
Our client supply a portfolio of raw materials, machineries and services to manufacturing and trading companies predominately based in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the documentation department. You will supervise a team of 4 staff, ensuring that all the necessary works and tasks are completed within the stipulated period of time.
- Supervise documentation team to ensure they liaise closely with traders and engineers so that all relevant documents and information relating to purchases and sales are received and filed physically and or on the IT system.
- Ensure that Shipping Manager and or External logistics providers are informed as early as possible of any potential shipping business.
- Ensure that all stages of the supply and shipment of procured goods are properly controlled and that the goods are delivered as per contract, on time, at the agreed price, in the correct numbers, to specification and in good condition.
- Ensure that clients are contacted after delivery to make sure their requirements have been met, if not, arrange for corrective action to be taken, consulting the Manager if advice or authority is required.
- Provide regular analysis and undertake any investigations and reports on the activities of the department which may be required by the manager.
- To ensure that any claims are handled and managed in conjunction with shipping, insurers, and stake holders.
- Follow up with all queries and concern related to the shipments.
The ideal candidate for this role will meet the following criteria:
- Able to adapt to new environment quickly
- Extremely organized and good attention to detail
- Good data Entry Skills, Good computer and information technology skill, Thoroughness and Good verbal & written communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP B1 Application desirable
- Full knowledge of Letter of Credits and inward and outward documentation presentations and payments
- Good leadership skill
- Extensive relevant document control experience in fast paced commercial environment with previous supervisory experience required
- Candidates possessing a BSc degree preferred
- Previous experience in a trading environment
- Shipping /forwarding experience preferred
Upon joiningg the company you will have the opportunity to work as a member of a vibrant team and a growing company and will receive a competitive salary.