Warehouse Shift Manager
My client is on the look out for only the very best Warehouse Shift Manager's to join their automated operation. A strong background in continuous improvement and performance management will be required to succeed in this highly competitive environment. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop their career to the senior levels of management, via a performance and career plan.
The successful Warehouse Shift Manager will be joining a very successful blue-chip business who have just undergone a merger with another large mutli-national business. They are currently recruiting for their national distribution centre which is a fully automated site and undergoing a period of expansion. My client additionally offers a large benefits package with added health care, bonus and pension scheme.
- To effectively manage team members, maintaining a high standard of communication through team briefing, consultation, employee reviews and one-to-one conversations.
- To maintain operational compliance to all agreed processes ensuring all Team Members work accordingly.
- To improve operational performance in service, cost and colleagues in line with agreed approach ensuring sustainable change.
- To assist in the selection of future team members, ensuring full functional training is carried out; identify further training needs and ensure effective training is carried out to maintain operational efficiency.
- To work co-operatively with others, creating and maintaining a team spirit within and across the site to achieve a common goal.
- To liaise with the Planning department to ensure any changes to colleague's availability is fully communicated and accounted for.
- To control and allocate work, monitoring progress to ensure hourly/daily/shift workload/tasks are completed, keeping line management fully informed of any operational issues.
- To continually monitor individual performance, (performance, accuracy, attendance, attitude and behaviour) taking appropriate action to improve standards.
- To effectively monitor and improve customer service standards, maintaining liaison with stores.
- To ensure compliance with Company Procedures and Legislation relating to Health & Safety.
- To handle grievances and maintain discipline within the parameters of Company Procedure.
- To coach individuals and arrange appropriate training to help them achieve their personal development needs.
- To maintain the accuracy and security of stock through the appropriate systems and procedures and compliance to agreed processes.
- To role model the Company values and support corporate and site policies and objectives.
- To give priority to exceeding the needs of customers, demonstrating and promoting a customer focused approach to operational activities.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be reporting directly into the Site Operations Manager and will work a mixed 5 from 7 shift pattern across a 0600-1400 and 1400-2200 shifts. The working environment will be unionised and you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong experience and examples of success within continuous improvement - including kaizen and 5S methods
- Experience of performance management across large numbers of employees.
- A positive mentality towards health and safety excellence.
- Proven examples of exceeding KPI targets and motivating a team.
- Passed experience of an automated warehouse environment - ideally WMS, WCS or Red Prairie
- Easily commutable within the wider Derbyshire area.
- Over 4+ years in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector.
- Experience of managing at least 5+ managers directly and 100+ reports indirectly.