To lead all supplier work within the active product group; including strategic sourcing, engineering interfaces, issuing and evaluating RFQs, commercial issues and negotiations, cost reduction opportunities and overall supplier management.
Focus will be on proactively developing suppliers in support of introducing new products to the market
A global, leading developer and supplier in to the Automotive sector.
Own strategic sourcing plan for all new programmes and R&D activities
Identify suppliers for development of new technologies / cost saving opportunities within the active product
- Provide the link between internal engineering and external suppliers to ensure best compromise between 'design-for-manufacture' and 'design-for-performance'
Generate, issue and manage RFQs
Review, analyse and clarify quote packages from suppliers
Analyse quotes from ECU suppliers and software development consultants
Define and negotiate design & development contracts with suppliers
Identify and negotiate commercial cost reduction opportunities both internally and externally
- Degree or CIPS/MCIPS educated
- Proven track record in Purchasing
- Knowledge in strategic sourcing and contract negotiations
- Familiar with taking new products from development to production
- Automotive preferred
- Electronic and Mechanical component background
- International supply base exposure
A highly competitive package is available and this can be discussed with interested candidates.