Category Manager, Capex | FTSE 100 | Surrey
As a result of an influx of high profile spend projects, this FTSE 100 FMCG brand is looking to further bolster their Category Management team. Operating at the forefront of the organisation, this high performing team have a seat at the highest level and are able to drive and influence change business wide.
You’ll be a competent and experienced category manager with some exposure to MRO/Capex and will be given a multi million-pound area to spend to shape and manage how you see fit. You’ll need to be able to flourish in a dynamic and challenging environment but will be able to reap the rewards of working for a growing business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Member of the Group procurement team with direct responsibility for spend across the group (approx. £35m spend pa).
- Leads by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with Engineering, Technical and Operational stakeholders to secure value
- Establishes alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the services covered whilst protecting from risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain
- Contribute to the development and adoption of key processes and ways of working for the procurement function
- Accountable for creating and achieving through the team cost savings, cash flow improvements, service and quality targets
Skills and Achievements:
- Experience of managing large, complex cross-functional change projects
- Strong change management and implementation experience
- Track record for delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects
- Able to demonstrate a track record of engaging key stakeholders in category strategy development and implementation
- Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business