Buyer - Manufacturing and Production - Rochdale
My client is a multinational Manufacturing and Production organisation, with a history of success in their field. They are looking for an engineering buyer to join their purchasing function.
The key responsibilities of this buyer based in the Rochdale area will be;
- Buy raw materials and castings needed for production.
- Read engineering drawings on a regular basis and liaise with R+D and production as well as other departments to ensure efficiency and effective communication.
- Interact, negotiate and communicate with new and existing suppliers.
- Using the MRP system (SAP) being operationally effective to ensure stock control is maintained and improved and that time lines are met.
The successful candidate for this engineering buyer within Manufacturing and Production will;
- Preferably have an engineering degree or an engineering mindset with the capability of reading engineering drawings.
- SAP experience with a good knowledge of navigating and using the system.
- Have served time in an engineering environment for a minimum of 2 years.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a purchasing role.
- Be able to work in a challenging environment and have good organising skills.
£30,000 - £35,000 + Package