Category Manager - Digital Marketing & Media | FTSE100 | London
Are you looking for an organisation that can offer you a clear progression path, upward mobility and a great company culture? This Multi Billion-Pound FTSE100 organisation is offering just that. With a forward-thinking procurement team that has a history of promoting internally and providing development this is a great move for job hunters in 2018.
As Category Manager, you will be responsible for the end to end management of the Digital Marketing & Media categories of spend, supporting the Marketing function with commercial negotiations, robust contracting and strategic sourcing to ensure business requirements are met whilst driving overall cost reduction and value for money.
This role will also have a more specific focus on driving supplier management to monitor performance, realise cost savings and drive further innovation and efficiencies.
Responsible for the development and delivery of category plans by working with the relevant Marketing teams to understand and plan for sourcing requirements, whilst ensuring all purchasing decisions offer best value for money and where possible the total cost of the good or services are reduced through the effective use of sourcing levers, including challenging specification and demand.
The role is responsible for the calculation and delivery of identified sourcing savings in line with the expectations of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Where appropriate, develop category plans for the Marketing sub categories under management, in line with the procurement and category strategy, aggregating demand to leverage scale and scope.
- Manage the category using procurement levers to manage demand, reduce total cost of ownership (TCO), optimise performance, service and requirements and deliver value for money.
- Uses spend analysis, total cost in use models and market benchmark data to support category planning.
- Provide supply market knowledge and subject matter expertise to inform the end to end management of the category and support the business in key sourcing decisions.
- Manage all Source to Contract activity, taking responsibility for the development and approval of sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation and contract award and signature.
- Implement/on-board new suppliers, including the transition and exit of old suppliers, ready for the business to consume.
- Monitor and manage business compliance for approved suppliers and any established frameworks, and remedy off contract spend.
- Manage ongoing contract administration of all managed contracts ensuring the contracted service continues to meet business requirements and contracts are reflective of the service delivered and are in line with the contracting policy.
- Manage key supplier relationships within the category and where appropriate identify and implement opportunities to reduce cost / improve ROI.
- Develop and maintain long term value adding relationships with: internal stakeholders to understand business needs, deliver effective demand management and address any compliance issues, and 3rd party suppliers.
Skills and Achievements:
- Category management experience, with proven experience managing Marketing categories, including Digital Marketing and Media.
- Demonstrable detailed understanding of key suppliers and supply market dynamics of the category to be managed.
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing category strategies relating to Marketing.
- CIPS qualified or equivalent.
- Category management – Marketing specific
- Strategic sourcing
- Commercial acumen
- Contract and supplier management
- Supplier relationship management
- Understanding of eProcurement systems and tools and how they are best deployed. In particular: spend analytics; eSourcing; eAuctions; contract management systems; and procure to pay tools.
Applications for this role are ongoing, if you are a procurement professional looking for your next step in a global organisation, regardless of category experience, please apply asap.
Apply for Category Manager - Digital Marketing & Media | FTSE100 | London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly