Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing and directing all Supply Chain management activities at the site. Responsibilities include but are not limited to Production Planning/ Scheduling, Materials Planning & Scheduling, Product Lifecycle & Change Management, Warehousing and Distribution/ Shipping, Purchasing of direct materials and communicating with Customer Services.
As a leading producer, and the world leader in manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry for over 70 years, my client in Leicestershire is the strength within hundreds of products offered in multiple markets across the globe. They turnover nearly £2bn a year, across 23 countries with over 6,200 employees.
The main responsibilities of this manufacturing and production Supply Chain Manager role are;
- Leadership of Materials Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Supply Planning and Capacity Management
- Distribution and Warehousing
- Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning and Metrics
- Inventory Management
- Lifecycle and Change Management
- Supply Chain Systems/Data and Processes
The Supply Chain Manager has responsibility for the principal Supply Chain functions at the plant including Planning, Warehousing & Distribution and Procurement/Purchasing.
They are responsible for the culture of the team, their safety and their development. The incumbent should lead, support & co-ordinate supply chain improvement initiatives through their direct team but in collaboration across the organisation.
The successful Supply Chain Manager in Leicestershire;
- University Degree in science, engineering, economics, or business
- APICS qualified
- Supply Chain experience in multi-national organization
- Must be an effective communicator with people at all levels of the business.
- Must be driven, enthusiastic, autonomous and self-motivated.
- Experience in leading improvement programs in manufacturing sites
- Able to handle multiple, competing priorities in a matrix organization.
- Awareness and appreciation of different cultures.
- Willing and able to travel 10-15% of the time.
- Competitive Salary
- Chance to make a real difference within the industry