Operations Manager - Multi-User Environment
The role of Operations Manager is an integral part of a management team within a thriving 3PL and multi-user environment. Our client is looking to recruit a forward-thinking, process-driven and exceptional Operations Manager to develop the team to strive for service excellence.
A well-established, household name within the Warehousing and Distribution industry. A company that continually strives for excellence across all areas, exceeding customer expectations with industry-leading knowledge. They are looking to recruit a forward-thinking, process-driven and exceptional Operations Manager to develop the team to strive for service excellence.
They key responsibilities of the Operations Manager are as follows:
- Recruiting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; including communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing remuneration actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Contributing to warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Forecasting requirements; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determining product handling, storage requirements and transport requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilisation, inventory management, dispatch and delivery.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analysing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure that all audits, legal standards are met and exceeded
- Ensures legal compliance of the site with particular regards to Transport and the Environment
The successful Operations Manager will hold the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a 3PL shared-user environment is essential
- Excellent inter-personal, natural leadership skills.
- Demonstrable experience of developing a high performing team.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, staff and wider management teams.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at senior levels.
- Flexible approach to adapt and manage change.
- Continually asses existing processes and utilising continuous improvement methods to improve efficiencies and productivity.
- To work at pace and prioritise a varied and demanding workload.
- Experience within Warehouse management.
- Experience within Transport management.
The role of Operations Manager is offering a role of £45,000 + benefits.