An exciting opportunity to join an ambitious global chemical manufacturer as a procurement manager looking after the indirect spend across the UK's 4 sites.
This role will predominantly be looking at MRO and Capex categories with other categories in as well, you will be leading a team of up to 2 people and adding real value to the UK business.
My client is a leading global chemical manufacturer who is going from strength to strength as they have ambitious plans to break into the FTSE 100. They products they manufacturer go into a range of products from house hold items to construction and medical equipment.
A business that prides itself on giving it's employees opportunity to grow and develop within the business than having to look externally.
The key responsibilities of the procurement manager are:-
- Ensure that the sites indirect materials and services are purchased effectively across engineering / MRO, capex, FM and site services categories
- Adopt and implement the preferred supply base and manage the local purchasing needs
- Identification of process improvement opportunities, and promoting procurement best practice in a complex, multi-site operation across EMEA
- Liaising cross-functionally with a diverse internal community
- Delivering best value purchasing: cost savings, quality, flexibility, governance and strategic vendor relationships
- Be an integral part of the the Procurement EMEA team working with stakeholders across the EMEA region to promote the function and develop standard processes and governance
The successful procurement manager will be someone who wants to test themselves in a fast paced moving environment. The role is looking for someone who can take ownership of the indirect spend across the UK and make it their own. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience working across multi-sites and implementing strategy.
You will be proactive in your approach and be a clear communicate who can bring stakeholders at all levels onside. Ideally, you will have experience working in a manufacturing environment with a track record of success in the capex, MRO and FM category.
If you are successful, you will get a strong package and be working with a leading business globally. Additionally, the business has a track record of developing it's talent and moving people up internally into bigger roles. This is genuinely an opportunity where you determine your own career development.