Homes England is the new national housing agency, recently launched to play a major role in fixing the housing market and enabling delivery of homes that our country needs.
Homes England brings together land, money, expertise, and planning & compulsory purchase powers, with a clear remit to facilitate delivery of sufficient new homes, where they are most needed, to deliver a sustained improvement in affordability. We work locally in individual communities to help meet local priorities.
We invest mostly in building new homes, but also in creating employment floor space and other community facilities, in cities, towns and villages across the country. The homes we fund include affordable homes for rent and sale, and homes for rent or sale at market prices. Our investment helps build around half of all new homes built in England each year. It also helps increase local growth by creating jobs and supporting businesses.
We own public land, which we sell to house builders and others. This is one of the ways in which we overcome barriers to development and help increase the speed with which house builders can build new homes.
We also regulate social housing providers (mostly housing associations) in England. We do this to protect social housing assets - making sure that social homes remain available to tenants, and that the taxpayers’ investment in those homes is protected.
To support the Central Procurement Team in providing a proactive, professional procurement service to Homes England to support its objectives and in particular the delivery of new homes.
With the Central Procurement team:
- Assist with the maintenance and execution of Homes England’s Procurement Strategy
- Assist with the operation of an effective devolved procurement model across Homes England
- Assist with delivery of procurement activities across Homes England including provision of advice and guidance
- Maintain and monitor procurement activities throughout Homes England
- Support, monitor and maintain Homes England’s e-tendering system
- Provide advice and guidance to the regional and corporate teams when required on disposal and procurement activities.
- Support the monitoring of contract transparency compliance
- Support fraud monitoring arrangements
- Preparation of spend analysis reports and other reports as required by MHCLG and CCS and Homes England
- Provide technical advice on the selection of procurement route including consideration of CCS and other frameworks
- Provide technical advice and assistance on all aspects of procurement and where appropriate disposal activities
- Support and advise on procurements requiring publication in OJEU and/or Contracts Finder ensuring tender documentation is complete and evaluation criteria is robust