Principal Commercial Analyst
A challenging opportunity for a highly experienced Commercial Analyst with team leadership experience to join our complex Utilities client, leading the invaluable provision of analytical support to the wider Commercial Team.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years. A backdrop of climate change and population growth is putting pressure on our existing water resources and in turn driving the need for a series of significant investments in our assets. The projects we will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
The Principal Commercial Analyst will:
- Primarily focus on how our client can develop their commercial analyst team to provide invaluable analytical support to the wider team.
- Take a structured approach to elicit the best new ideas from the team, the business and externally, to continually improve, plan and deliver positive change to the team.
- Develop and manage the pool of commercial talent to support the need of the commercial team, embedding a lean and efficient approach to delivering commercial insights and analytics
- Embed clear SLAs to ensure the team meet time, cost and quality milestones. Scoping current and future analytic requirements to effectively resource and prioritise workloads
- Lead and support stakeholder project meetings including reporting and presenting findings
- Provide financial analysis to support investment decisions including project finance/cash flow modelling
- Act as a technical and subject matter expert, able to undertake complex analytics if required to support the team
Key skills required:
- A strong academic background including a relevant degree
- A wealth of commercial analytics experience from complex, blue chip environments. This role could be well suited to an individual who has delivered commercial projects in a consulting/professional services environment
- A working knowledge of operating in a commercial/supply chain function, with a demonstrable track record of delivering in this field.
- Deep team management, project management and data analytics expertise with experience working with Tableau or similar reporting software
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence and have robust conversations
- The ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment with the drive to try new approaches and think creatively to solve challenges.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.