Strategic senior buyer for leading global aerospace
Salary up to £40,000
The company is a global engineering group specialising in extreme environment products for aerospace, defence and energy markets.
The Senior Buyer uses expertise for a range of purchasing activities, including pricing and negotiating with suppliers to reach highest quality at best value. Performs complex purchasing activities, while ensuring procurement procedures are in compliance with government laws, regulations and management objectives.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs complex purchasing activities including pricing, volume discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers, and delivery of goods\services
- Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders, to reach highest quality at best value
- Establishes source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing
- Evaluates quotations received from prospective suppliers and makes decisions regarding award of purchase orders
- Implements formal and legal contractual documentation into the purchase orders, encompassing all corporate and government requirements
- Resolves discrepancies between purchase order requirements and supplier performance
- Ensures compliance to government laws, regulations and procurement policies and procedures
- Identifies problem areas, initiates corrective action and establishes problem resolution dates in a timely manner
- Maintains current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system (e.g. delivery dates, pricing, change orders)
Key skills and competencies required:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Procurement in aerospace or a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to write specifications, prepare bid documents, handle bidding process and analyse all bid results
- Strong experience negotiating license contracts with a track record of success
- Solves complex problems and exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.