A General Manager is required for a leading logistics business in Heathrow.
Our client is a leading logistics business with a flagship operation in Heathrow.
The General Manager will have a team of department managers to deploy the strategic business plan for the Group and ensure the plan is delivered through operational excellence ensuring retention and development existing business. Based in Heathrow, key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the complete operation of our clients flagship site including, but not limited to, Warehouse, 3rd party Transport and general Operations.
- Setting and delivering site Budgets.
- Ensuring full site compliance at all times.
- Engendering good relationships with the Global Network.
- Demonstrating innovation in promoting ideas for change through constant review.
- Ensuring revenues are secured for all work completed.
- Ensuring all staff training is complete and up to date.
- Compliance of all standard core KPI's.
- Ensuring a high quality of customer service.
The General Manager will live within a commuting distance of the site in Heathrow and will need to demonstrate the ability to achieve and then exceed, in areas such as Gross Margin Improvement, Process Review, Overhead Cost Control, Staff Motivation, Customer Service, Warehouse Management and all areas of Compliance. You successful candidate will be required to demonstrate examples of the following:
- Previous experience within Freight Forwarding, particularly air freight operations is advantageous.
- Direct experience of overseeing a transit warehouse or cross dock operation is a must.
- An excellent commercial business understanding.
- Ability to handle pressure and good time-management.
- A motivator of people and an ability to adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package will be on offer for the successful candidate.