You will play a lead role within the purchasing function of global manufacturer. Holding responsibility over 3 direct reports , as well as ensuring the development of all areas of the overall purchasing strategy.
A global manufacturer.
- Formulate plans and advise the senior leadership team on how to maintain and improve an efficient, progressive and effective department covering all aspects of the main job purpose.
- Design, build, implement and maintain systems which support and enhance the integration of your department with the daily requirements.
- Build and maintain a strong and stable department, maintaining a professional and efficient organisation to meet the customer and companies requirements.
- Ensure the objectives you are given are implemented and achieve the companies targets by developing existing, recruiting new staff when needed, and establishing an effective control system.
- Contribute to the structured improvement of suppliers (both existing and new) through product specification control.
- To maintain and improve vendors in both technical and commercial aspects and to research, propose vendors in the case of re-sourcing from value engineering, commercial and technical ability.
- Supervise the quotation, localisation and component approval process and report progress to Departmental Manager or Management Team on a periodic basis.
- Deputise for the senior leadership team in their absence.
- Control the achievement of agreed cost savings, OTIF delivery and quality improvement objectives.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished buyer/senior buyer. With a proven pro-active approach to NPI, cost savings initiatives and low cost country sourcing, in a manufacturing setting.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY CANDIDATES THAT ARE ALREADY U.K BASED WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY
A competitive package.