Supplier Manager required or Cardiff based Charity
As the Supplier Manager you will undertake the tender process for goods and services for new contract requirements and contract renewals as part of the procurement operational plan. You will manage procurement procedures, including full tender exercises, on behalf of the department's stakeholders and in compliance with the organisation's policies, manage supplier relationships and provide advice to internal stakeholders on the most appropriate procurement processes. You will provide ongoing management of existing arrangements, transferring responsibility appropriately and mentoring individuals to ownership of the contracts/agreements over the fixed term period.
Your new role
- Procure goods and services
- Evaluate bids and tenders providing recommendations based on technical and commercial factors
- To build strong business relationships with suppliers and service providers in support of the Charity's aims and strategy
- Deliver cost savings and mitigate cost increases
- Negotiate contracts in line with business requirements
- Communicate new contracts and other procurement related information by updating information on systems.
- Monitor, review and act on contract and supplier service level agreements
- Utilise evaluation scoring to influence the procurement tender report which informs the final decision making process in the award of contracts.
- Decide on the most suitable procurement strategy to adopt for new contract initiatives and contract renewals
- Analyse complex commercial submissions in tenders, accurately record tender technical submission information.
- Responsible for planning timescales for new contract initiatives, contract renewals and / or renegotiation of existing contracts.
- Contract Management for selected high level / high risk contracts.
- Acting as procurement lead in evaluation of tenders, ensuring fairness and transparency of the process.
- Working as part of a small team.
- Providing specialist advice and support in procurement related matters to other colleagues.
- Provide mentoring and support to other team members as appropriate to their grades.
You will have a minimum of three years' experience in a procurement role, and this will include leading on a strategic tender role. you will be able to display proven negotiation skills and will be highly analytical with good financial interpretation skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.