Senior Buyer - Aerospace
3 days left
- Full Time
As a Strategic Buyer you will be operating in a fast paced Purchasing and Operations environment and shall be capable of being flexible in managing and prioritising a number of issues.
This business are a high-performing aerospace and defence company whose engaged employees deliver value through world-class products, services and technologies. The company is committed to technological and engineering advancement, providing cutting edge sensor solutions to the world's leading OEMs within Aerospace, Marine, Energy and wider Industry.
- Manage a defined range of commodities and key suppliers driving improvements to the "5 Rights" in support of the business objectives.
- Be able to take responsibility for actions and keep hold of issues whilst delivering the solution to all root causes - not quick fixes.
- Communicate well as part of a team
- understanding when to call on Strategic Sourcing support for problems.
- Ensuring queries are resolved quickly for the tactical level
- Identify risk within the supply chain and manage the appropriate plans to address these in line with recognised tools and standards.
- Contribute to and lead key improvement projects related to systems and processes in use both within the department and cross-functionally.
- Perform business and performance reviews of suppliers
- Identify and deliver cost down initiatives, period on period.
- Provide costs and view opportunities and alternatives providing long term lowest cost solution.
- Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment, Aerospace/medium batch high variety
- Previous proven experience of managing sourcing solutions and supply chain problems within the external supply chain.
- Commercially astute
- Confident and professional manner in dealing with suppliers and internal customers
- Demonstrable experience and success in previous role
- Task performance driven and keen to progress
- A strong individual capable of working on own initiative whilst being a good team player
- Experienced in managing, interpreting and analysing purchasing data with strong IT skills.
- Use of MRP system for in a manufacturing & production environment.
Competitive salary and package