Distribution Centre Manager
- Full Time
A Distribution Centre Manager is required for a leading logistics provider.
Our client is one of the UK's leading logistics providers.
As the Distribution Centre Manager you will be expected to lead and engage the Distribution Centre Team to deliver continued business performance. You will establish and implement distribution and operational plans for the Distribution Centre to meet current/future customer service requirements and continually improve cost efficiency/quality of service in line with the National and Regional goals. Based in West Kent, some of your key accountabilities will include:
- The leadership and management of the Warehouse & Distribution teams on a day-to-day basis and acts as a deputy when needed.
- In line with the Company and Regional plan, responsibility for creating the strategic direction for the Warehouse & Distribution function and translating this in to a working operational plan to create a "best in class" distribution operation.
- Budgetary control and KPI delivery for warehouse & distribution.
- Set clear direction through Managers, establishing clear, stretching but achievable goals and objectives for teams, in order to ensure customers receive outstanding service at all times.
- Drive a performance culture across the operation, to ensure focus on excellence is deployed and embedded throughout the function, active personal development planning and structured performance review process are in place.
- Develop and lead a Health & Safety culture. Including adherence to all Health & Safety and Legal obligations and adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Understanding and reacting to customers' needs whilst maintaining all elements of the customer contractual agreement.
- Developing operational roadmaps for warehouse and distribution to create a plan to outline "best in class".
- Legal compliance to road transport legislation.
- Create and support training and development for management team, building a robust succession plan for all critical roles.
- Stock integrity ensuring that the Distribution Centre stock is recorded and held in line with Company policies.
- Engaging and managing internal stakeholder relationships with the regional support functions, colleagues within logistics and corporate sales and other relevant group support departments.
- Develop strong and positive operational relationships with internal partners and stakeholders, ensuring full engagement and collaboration on operational delivery that supports the business and aligns with our strategy.
- To be actively involved in specified project management as requested by the Regional Operations Manager.
The Distribution Centre Manager will be able to commute to the site in West Kent and demonstrate the following:
- General management experience within a fast paced/multi-drop distribution environment.
- Ability to create a strategic plan and translate this into transactional activities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a multi-disciplined team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally & externally.
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Be resilient under pressure and demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to deliver commercial results when confronted with unforeseen work demands.
- Be able to act on own initiative and engage senior leadership team and key stakeholders in the value and logic of strategic and tactical business proposals.
- Embrace and role model company values.
- Full understanding of current commercial vehicle legislation.
- CPC qualified - or working towards attaining the accreditation.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package will be on offer to the successful candidate.