Transport Planner - Head Office
Page Personnel Logistics are currently looking to recruit for a Transport Planner for our client based in West London. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be in an area of high growth and where you will join a new generation of transportation control towers in direct contact with the customers and providers.
Our client are a European haulier who manage contracts across Retail, FMCG, Cosmetics, E-commerce and Fashion and are who expanding their presence in the UK market. In this role you will join a small team who work in plant with a well known foods business.
In the role of Transport Route Planner you will be responsible for the following:
- Communicating transport orders to carriers respecting the commitments of the specifications and the transport plan
- Take the appointment of delivery to recipients by phone, mail or web portal.
- Managing the modifications of transport orders
- Checking the proper carriers inputs into TMS
- Monitoring transport costs
- Maintaining service and budget of each transport flow
- Updating and the management of carriers on their performance
- Ensuring the release of anomaly blocked orders in the systems of logistics providers.
The ideal candidate will have strong academics and have worked within a similar role. You will have developed a good knowledge of road transport activity and legislation in Transport. In addition you will demonstrate rigor, dynamism and be customer focussed. Candidates would benefit from experience of using SAP but it is not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits. As the company is looking to establish itself further within the UK market you will have realistic opportunities to progress your career further.