2 days left
- Full Time
The Buyer is responsible for supplier performance with respect to their NPI, Quality, Cost, Risk and Management.
Global manufacturing organisation based in Staffordshire looking to recruit a Buyer to support the ongoing growth of the company following a record breaking year.
- Early Supplier Engagement - working within the NPI process to leverage NQCRPM at product launch
- Work in conjunction with and support the Project Lead to deploy the NPI Process
- Provide guidance to the Prototype Buyers through category strategy for categories responsible for
- Supplier Nomination
- Responsible for new parts first off availability and Initial Sample Inspection Report compliance within the company NPI process requirement
- Ensure Warranty Agreements are in place where required prior to placing an order
- Work alongside Supplier Development Engineers dealing with APQP, Project Readiness and supplier exit strategies
- Cost management - driving improved levels of transparency focusing on Quotation Analysis Forms
- Working with the global teams to understand Lowest Total Cost of Acquisition for specific categories of responsibility
- Implement Long Term Agreements with assigned suppliers where appropriate
- Purchasing in a Manufacturing Environment
- Familiar with Manufacturing Processes
- Global Sourcing
- An appreciation of "Lean Techniques"
- New Product Introduction process
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits