Interim Sourcing & Product Development Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
- Sourcing and Product Development Manager responsible for all sourcing activity related to the company's feminine hygiene products.
- Identify where improvements and costs savings might be made and begin investigation, as well as executing core negotiation strategies.
- Fasting growing start up consisting of a portfolio of consumer brands including subscription and traditional FMCG product.
- Providing product sourcing expertise, utilising a skill set that includes sourcing strategy development, vendor identification/evaluation and negotiation, order placement and production management.
- End-to-end accountability for the new item process; starting with the identification of all new item opportunities in areas of responsibility through the launch of the product into the market.
- Project manage relevant developments from concept brief to launch.
- Identifying suppliers based on their alignment with brand positioning requirements and works with 3rd party resources to qualify potential suppliers and products.
- Planning and managing departments bid processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Manage internal pricing activity for assigned product group to maximise market competitiveness against competing private brand programs and competing branded lines while delivering appropriate profitability.
- Analysing market, industry trends and business needs and taking action to keep products in line with changing market conditions and consumer trends; develops new products and programs to maintain and enhance competitiveness.
- Observing and managing commodity fluctuations and impact on cost through successful negotiations and long-term sourcing strategies. Advises on commodity markets, including pricing, availability, and delivery trends. Serves as the commodities market expert with a deep understanding of key market fundamentals and drivers, risks and advise management of overall procurement strategy.
- Establishing and maintaining solid relationships with key suppliers.
- Understanding retail and consumer environment in addition to staying current with industry, market, and consumer trends by attending conferences/trade shows and reading trade periodicals and information, and applies this information creatively to develop assigned product areas and enhance members competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Understand and collaborate with key to forecast demand for both short term and long term sales;
- A solid understanding of logistics and the effect on warehouse fulfilment rates, inventory, and the results these areas have on Company profitability
- Ability to deliver against speed to market and gross margin goals.
- 3-5 years sourcing experience in private brands and/or CPG organisation.
- Familiarity with major sources, trade groups and industry associations, industry practices, quality levels, packaging, and logistics.
- Highly numerate and commercially astute with ability to understand cost constraints, build commercially viable products plus managing the development budgets.
- Project / Product management experience is essential with ability to develop critical path time-lines for all projects.
- A self-starter who can understand the brief and requirements and work with little input to deliver new products.
- Understanding of supply chain management.
- Procurement experience either in eCommerce or retail supermarket/grocery wholesale.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to undertake extensive travel requirements.
- A passion for producing great products.
- Previous experience within the fem-care category would be ideal.
- Competitive salary
- Chance to go permanent for the right candidate