Interim Logistics Planner
An international construction materials organisation are looking for an Logistics Planner initially on an interim basis, based at their site in Bristol.
Our client is a prestigious logistics services provider known international for their quality and service. As a direct result of their continued growth they are looking for a Logistics Planner to join their prestigious team on an initial interim basis working on high-profile projects across the UK.
- Achieve a high level of customer service by ensuring all site delivery expectations are met to pre agreed levels
- Maintain and ensure all customer orders are entered on SAP (or equivalent system) whilst checking accuracy of information
- Regularly liaise with the client and contractors to ensure all deadlines for submissions and confirmation of orders are agreed
- Ensure that weekly/monthly programmes are available and submitted from the contractor /client to assist vehicle planning, operational production planning and that this feeds into commercial forecasting
- Complete and review objectives/KPI reports highlighting deviation from agreed targets
- Review daily/weekly trackers and ensure compliance is at +90%
- Capture and recorded all complaints on system and follow up by confirming they acted upon to ensure to avoid re-occurrence
- Monitor delivery performance levels to ensure effective use of resource and productivity levels
- Liaise internally and externally with suppliers and customers to deliver optimum service delivery
- Ensure the efficient and effective completion of administration tasks and query resolution
- Effectively schedule deliveries from the most economic port, delivery and to liaise with staff and hauliers on daily movement and activities.
- To monitor daily delivery progress and liaise with customers.
- To understand the capacities and capabilities of internal production units, external customer demands and to schedule work accordingly.
- To maintain good working relations with operational staff, customers, hauliers, drivers and commercial teams.
- To ensure customer service is not compromised with a lack of vehicles in conjunction with achieving best vehicle utilisation.
- Review and highlight any future issues or non-deliver risks in advance
- Contribute to fleet review and compliance meetings making sure all future risks are highlighted
- Customer & logistically focused and professional
- Proven customer service experience and logistics experience
- Ability to prioritise and make decisions, with discretion
- Excellent communicator and team player at all levels
- Open minded with leadership qualities
- Previous Transport Planning experience with hands on mentality
- £25,000 - £27,000 (dependant on experience)
- Monday - Friday
- Must be flexible to work days/afternoons/nights
- 45 hours per week