This is an exciting chance to become an integral part of a successful and growing General Haulage company. This role is calling for experienced and knowledgeable Transport Planners to join their well-established Transport team to help improve efficiency.
Our client is a household name among the General Haulage industry, holding a wealth and diverse range of contracts. With plans for expansion and streamlining current business processes, this is an exciting time to join the company.
The key responsibilities of the Transport Planner are as follows:
- Routing of up to 120 trucks
- Ensure efficient and profitable coverage of our customers work
- Ensuring all appropriate documentation is processed and accounted for including compliance and financial paperwork
- Scheduling of movements for customers - ensuring all loads and routes are optimised
- Communicating with drivers, sub-contractors and customers
- Pro-actively resolve delays and concerns
The ideal Transport Planner will have the following skills and experience:
- In excess of 5+ years within a Transport planning role
- Experience within a General Haulage environment
- Experience dealing directly with Customers and Drivers
- Knowledge of relevance compliance
- Ideally some experience of Mandata
- Ideally CPC qualified with a willingness to join the O Licence
The role of Transport Planner is offering a salary of between £30,000 and £35,000 depending on experience and qualifications.