Are you a Procurement or Contracts specialist looking for their next challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Specialist to join our Procurement Power Generation team.
The role is focused on procuring goods and services required to operate and maintain a fleet of power stations with the potential for demolition activities. These range from a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) to a new fleet of smaller power plants and a battery storage facility.
If you are passionate about Procurement, have Contracts experience and are looking for a company who activity develops internal talent, then we would be keen to hear from you.
- Help manage all procurement activity across the Power Generation categories, including the creation and implementation of category strategies.
- Source and procure a range of goods and services ensuring optimum value for money Leading and evaluating competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services.
- Negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters Provide support to the Category Manager in complex negotiations through data, market or other analysis.
- Support category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans.
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised.
- Procurement management of demolition activities, planned & unplanned power station outages
- Report changes and updates through proactive governance; Help the business to achieve its OPEX saving targets.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises
- Confident working on their own but recognise the value of team working
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to identify and exploit commercial opportunities
- Clear understanding of Category Management principles
- Knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
- Understanding of general and contract law
- Advanced skill using SAP, MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Degree educated (or equivalent) Membership of CIPS (or equivalent)
- Experience of Procuring Engineering, Maintenance and Operations categories
- Knowledge of the electricity market
- Experience of negotiating long term service agreements
More searches like this
- Contracts Engineering / Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Operations Engineering / Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Procurement Engineering / Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Category management Engineering / Manufacturing Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999