Commercial Manager - IT - Financial Services
This a unique company, a financial services company who are also a non-departmental government body. They have been tasked with delivering a high profile, large workplace automatic enrolment pension scheme. 1000's and 1000's of employers and employees nationally have chosen this scheme and it will continue to grow to unprecedented numbers to become the largest in the UK.
The bulk of the company's expenditure is on external services and therefore the procurement and contract management on this large scale and complexity demands a strong team of experienced specialists. This means you'll get an opportunity to work with an exceptional team - they offer a modern, supportive team environment to work in.
Working within the Commercial and Delivery department the Commercial Manager will specifically define and implement the long-term sourcing strategy which will encompass designing and running an effective procurement of a huge BPO/IT contract. This is one of the biggest procurement projects in the UK. You will work on the preparation running into tender release. Will be working on the procurement strategy, sourcing plans, commercial relationships, definition of suppliers, charging strategy, engaging with the market. It's for a 12 month FTC with plenty of opportunity within the company thereafter.
Typically, you will:
- Help shape commercial strategy for large forthcoming procurement, including evaluation of and recommendations for appropriate pricing models for next contract
- Creation of key supplier facing documentation during market warming and procurement
- Draft and maintain commercial schedule of contract, bidder information and the commercial elements of other OJEU procurement documentation.
- Prepare documentation for support of commercial negotiations with suppliers
- Specify and support the creation of a variety of commercial models, bid evaluation, pricing models etc.
- Regular engagement with senior stakeholders both internal and external
I'm looking for a Commercial Manager who has knowledge and expertise in the commercial definition and negotiation of large FS procurement contracts. Specifically, in relation to BPO and IT services, complex £10m+ deals.
This will be demonstrable by your understanding of how contractual arrangements fit together within an operational reality.
You will be analytical, ambitious and fast thinking with the ability to come up with creative solutions to commercial problems. You will have excellent commercial writing skills and experience working with and influencing senior colleagues coupled with being strategic and credible so the bidders will have confidence in their bids being well evaluated.
This role offers a great chance to join a unique organisation - a company who has public accountability but also operates within financial services commercial environment. It's a perfect marriage between public sector and private. To apply for the Commercial Manager and work on an extremely high profile, large procurement piece click the 'Apply Now' button now they want to start interviewing ASAP.