We currently have a vacancy for a Contracts Manager This post is permanent.
Catering and Retail Services (CRS) provides refreshments and catering for Members, their guests and staff as well as an extensive private banqueting function service and a retail section selling gifts and souvenirs. There are several outlets offering formal dining and cafeteria style facilities including a busy banqueting operation which delivers over 900 events per annum catering for over 70,000 guests.
Catering Services within both the House of Commons and the House of Lords are committed to improve their capabilities to effectively manage their services and supply contracts. The role is dedicated to the House of Lords role but the nature of our shared/bicameral contracts effectively necessitate that the post holder will be required to undertake the CM function on behalf of both Houses. The Contract Manager will be required to effectively manage a broad range of contracts likely to include categories such as fresh, ambient, frozen foods, disposables, and a small number of bespoke contracts, specific to the House of Lords.
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Input into tender specifications and participate in tender evaluations
- Contract and account management activities
- Category manage goods and services
- Development and implementation of contractual arrangements
- Effectively manage and enforce established procurement rules
- Market research
- Stakeholder engagement and advice
- Identify opportunities for contractual efficiencies, cost savings and income generation