Indirect Category Manager
Category Manager, Indirect Generalist - Industry Leading Chemicals Company - New Jersey - $100-110k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Reference - 1802-19.5
This Leading Chemicals Company has been at the forefront of the industry since their inception, with no signs of slowing their rapid growth, the Procurement function is now at the forefront, helping this Company to continuously improve.
Since the Companies inception, they have been primed to become an industry leader in the production of chemicals to create various end products from Engineering Plastics to Food & Industrial Packaging. The firm is now looking to hire a Category Manager to head up multiple indirect categories, including IT, HR, Professional Services, etc. You will drive not only the bottom line savings but create and foster relationships with key suppliers across multiple sites.
In this role you will work with senior stakeholders within the organisation (such as the CFO) to define and implement the procurement strategy across your assigned indirect categories.
As the Category Manager - Indirects you can expect:
- Using your indirect category knowledge to create and execute seamless procurement strategies in conjunction with senior stakeholders across your assigned indirect categories
- Using your SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) skills to create and foster relationships with key suppliers across multiple sites
- Forming key relationships with Senior Stakeholders to ensure necessary support and buy in to strategic sourcing and category management processes
- Using your experience in SAP (and other procurement tools) to manage the purchase requisitions queue and manage multiple requisitioners
- Continuous identification of cost saving opportunities through all supplier contracts across multiple sites
- Exposure to the entire procurement function and the opportunity to influence company-wide procurement strategies
- Experience in general indirect procurement categories (including but not limited to IT, HR, Professional Services, etc.)
- Excellent abilities to manage and influence stakeholders at multiple levels
- Experience using procurement tools such as SAP and Ariba
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant topic (a Master's degree is preferred but not essential)
If you are a career driven Indirect Procurement generalist looking for a Category Manager role within an Industry Leading Company, apply now by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button.