Your new company
Your next company are seeking a suitable applicant who has proven understanding of formulating procurement strategy, policy and processes as well as having a good understanding of procurement within a variety of sectors.
Your new role
he applicant should also have shown development of successful soft skills, particularly in stakeholder engagement.
After the transition phase the Category Manager will be expected to undertake the following roles:
- Act as the lead for all scientific categories including laboratory consumables, chemicals, molecular biology, biological services, High Value Laboratory Equipment, service and maintenance contracts and digital contractors.
- Chair Scientific Procurement Working Groups, establish pipelines with end-users and collate common issues
- Sell the procurement process throughout the science community, including the use of electronic sourcing and data management.
- Manage approved suppliers to ensure efficiency and value for money targets are being reached, including eCatalogues.
- Take a lead role in supplier meeting and negotiations on behalf of the science community.
- Authoritative and market expert on scientific equipment and supplies.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and qualifications required on appointment
* CIPS qualified or willing to work towards it
* Procurement skills and knowledge gained in a scientific or engineering sphere
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information
* Strong skills in supplier and customer relationship management
* Driving licence (travel and overnight stays are required)
* Strong communication, negotiation and contract writing skills
* Self-motivated and results driven with the ability to manage a portfolio of workloads and meet deadlines * Proven experience of negotiation in an end-to-end Category Management or Buying role
* Able to work effectively on own or as part of a team
What you'll get in return
40.5 holidays (Including bank holidays)
26% pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.