Procurement Project Manager
Procurement Project Manager required for Cwmbran based manufacturer
The Procurement Project Manager will interface with Design Engineering, Industrialisation and Suppliers to enhance Quality, Cost & Delivery. This position provides a link between Purchasing and Suppliers during project proposals, new product introduction & Certification. Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings, change management, project planning and risk management will be of benefit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the New Product Introduction process ensuring the new programmes are delivered on-time, on budget, and to the required quality standard through a stage gate process.
- To provide project management metrics which allows accurate and easy monitoring of progress
- Work with multiple programme teams to manage all procurement aspects of programmes
- Liaison with programme teams to ensure release of information in a timely manner to the supply base to ensure sufficient lead time
- Assist in the deployment and development of commodity long term strategies
- Manage transfer of work projects
- Identify, assess, and manage risk
- Managing programme action trackers
- Generation of supplier RFQ
- Benchmarking suppliers
- Negotiation of prices, terms and conditions, long term agreements
- Ensure supplier quality and delivery performance is maintained in line with agreed targets
- Support Supplier Development initiatives
- Understand manufacturing and system processes/procedures and challenge design/processes to optimise lead time and cost
- Identify quality, cost, and delivery improvement opportunities, and drive them through to completion
- Rationalise Supply base in line with Business Plan to ensure maximum economies of scale
You will be/have:
- A good academic standard of education
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Demonstrable knowledge of MRP process
- Knowledge of quality processes
- Experience in a technical procurement role in a manufacturing related industry
- Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings
- Demonstrable experience in change management
- Demonstrable experience in pulling together extensive project plans detailing key milestones and tasks
- Demonstrable experience in assessing and managing risk
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work autonomously
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships across departments, and with supplier representatives at all levels.
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- A strong team player
- Demonstrable IT literacy in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Projects etc)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.