Contracts Manager | Research and Education | Hampshire
4 days left
- Full Time
This established and nationally recognised institution has undergone rapid change within the procurement team due to a £600 million investment and has invested heavily in expanding and restructuring the team. With ambitious savings targets for 2018/19, as a Contracts Manager you will support the Category Manager and Senior leadership team to manage contracts, ensure delivery and re-negotiate where necessary to fulfil changing requirements.
The Contract Manager role would be an exciting proposition for a procurement professional looking for something a little different in their professional life. An opportunity to be a part of a fresh and newly formed team with ambitious targets and strategy to develop. Offering a generous contributory pension scheme + 30 days holiday + 6 days closure of Christmas and Easter + bank holidays. There is also a nursery, gym, swimming pool, holiday children’s clubs and parking onsite.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Delivering best practice contract management driving compliance across all areas of company spend ensuring value for money.
• To support the Senior Contracts Manager to deliver commercial contract management with external suppliers across the whole breadth of company procurement activity.
• On a daily basis you will be implementing contracts, managing suppliers and, when appropriate, closing down contracts.
• To develop and lead contract management best practice to drive continuous improvement and Value for Money from contracts. Lead the interface with the wider team, work collegiately and ensure information and best practice are shared regularly.
• To support the Senior Contracts Manager where necessary to deliver the strategic and operational objectives relating to supplier and contract management. Ensuring appropriate measures are in place to manage key supplier relationships, undertake regular reviews with supplier account managers and deal with supplier performance issues ensuring SLA/KPIs are met by suppliers.
• Have a detailed understanding of contract management, a keen eye for detail and negotiating ability to manage suppliers and ensure they deliver on SLA’s.
• Graduate member (or working towards) of the chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply
• At least 3 years Procurement/Contracts Experience
• Competent with Electronic Purchasing and Tendering experience
Apply for Contracts Manager | Research and Education | Hampshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly