Procurement Manager | Research and Education | Hampshire
This established and nationally recognised institution has undergone rapid change within the procurement team due to a £600 million investment and has invested heavily in expanding and restructuring the team. With ambitious savings targets for 2018/19, as a Procurement Manager you will support the Category Manager and Senior leadership team to deliver tenders and source the most appropriate suppliers.
The Procurement Manager role would be an exciting proposition for a procurement professional looking for something a little different in their professional life. An opportunity to be a part of a fresh and newly formed team with ambitious targets and strategy to develop. Offering a generous contributory pension scheme + 30 days holiday + 6 days closure of Christmas and Easter + bank holidays. There is also a nursery, gym, swimming pool, holiday children’s clubs and parking onsite.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To support the procurement strategic sourcing program in relation to a specific directorate. Take the lead and contribute significantly to the delivery of contract compliance and savings of allocated procurement projects.
- Liaise with Directorate stakeholders at all levels to understand and reflect the objectives of the Directorate within the procurement workplan.
- Establish a strategic category management approach to procurement that delivers benefits across the organisation as well as at Directorate level.
- Contract negotiation includes the consideration of supply chain activity to achieve overall least cost whilst maintaining quality, meeting recurring cost savings targets for the non-pay expenditure through the negotiation of contracts ranging in value.
- Have a detailed understanding of all procurement procedures, including EU tendering.
- Graduate member (or working towards) of the chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply
- At least 3 years Procurement Experience Excellent Negotiating skills
- Strategic Analysis Competent with Electronic Purchasing and Tendering experience
- Understand elements of EU Procurement Directives