Your new company
A global business with UK turnover of £50 million and growing. With significant areas of growth and investment occurring at such a fast pace an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Manager to join the business, suiting someone who fits the business and its entrepreneurial flair
Your new role
Purchasing Manager to identify possible efficiencies and develop a standard approach towards the spending pattern on projects, with the ultimate goal of bringing operational and financial synergies.
To implement and enforce this standard approach within the business unit by adhering to prescribed Group policies and following direction of the Global sourcing group, but working and reporting within the business unit. To achieve savings for the business in both direct and indirect spend.
To coordinate issuance of PO's, against agreed price, specs, lead time and terms, from various departments and projects within UK Business.
Work in close collaboration with other departments like Operations, Projects and Fleet Maintenance.
Follow up on one off bottlenecks in the purchase to payable flow, with administrative assistants in operations, shared service centre AP function and the treasury department.
Will also coordinate :
- Creation PO's based on Purchasing requisitions
- Communication with all departments on status of PO's
- Follow up confirmation of order quantity, pricing, and availability.
- Communication of orders to vendors
- Response to supplier inquiries about clarifying orders, changes in requests, delivery requirements and cancellations
- Contact suppliers to ensure they are meeting delivery schedules and minimize the risk of missed deliveries.
- Resolve problems with suppliers to speed up deliveries and to minimize the risk of supply shortages.
- Review requisition orders to ensure accuracy and correct line item specifications.
- Ensure audit compliance and order accuracy.
Function does not have direct reports and will report into UK Business Controller, with a dotted line into the Group Supply Chain Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
A degree in business administration is an asset
Previous experience in purchasing negotiations (price, specs & terms) is a must, with clear and proven track record in changing purchasing behaviour/environment and change management exposure.
Implementation and continual improvement processes
Good knowledge of MS Office
Good knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, and the link between purchasing activities and finance is a strong plus.
- Problem solving mindset - Can do mentality
- Demonstrate ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Rigorous, disciplined approach to work
- Good process awareness.
- Demonstrates flexibility as needed in work
- Resilient, persistent
- Logical, process-based approach to problem resolution
- Sharing ideas
- Credible, trustworthy
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment
- Be at the outset of a new function
- Actively work in an international environment;
- Stable and long-term cooperation;
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to grow with this role as company expands further opportunities for progression
Good remuneration and holiday package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly