Interim Category Manager - Directs
1st-Executive have been retained by one of the most iconic global automotive manufacturers, who are seeking to recruit a number of Interim Category Managers within Direct spend categories. This is an excellent opportunity to join their rapidly expanding Commercial team during an exciting period of transformation.
The role will ultimately be responsible for the management and leadership of the Category covering Direct spend areas.
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing of high quality, value for money goods and services utilising best-in-class practices.
- Monitor and manage relationships, performance and synergies across the supplier base to improve capability and effectiveness.
- Develop and lead negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts, influencing and challenging authority where necessary.
- Interpret complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and present in an informative and simplified manner to enable key decisions to be made quickly and objectively.
- Stakeholder management spanning all levels of authority both internally and externally.
Ideally with experience within the Aerospace, Automotive or Manufacturing industries, sourcing commodities such as electrical / mechanical components, raw materials, rare metals, power train, drive train, exterior body panels, interior trim and electronics.
This is an excellent opportunity for Direct Procurement Professionals to contribute to the direction of a world class procurement function within one of the most recognisable brands in the automotive industry.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to learn more please send an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com and confirm your availability for a quick call to discuss in more detail.
Day Rate: £550
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm your availability for a call to discuss in more detail.