LOGISTICS SENIOR CATEGORY MANAGER - GLOBAL
LOGISTICS SENIOR CATEGORY MANAGER - GLOBAL FMCG COMPANY - LONDON - £60K - 70K + CAR + BONUS + PACKAGE - FAST TRACK PROGRESSION GUARANTEED
A leading FMCG company are looking to expand their procurement function with the addition of a senior category manager to source their logistics services. The successful candidate will possess commercial flair and excellent communication skills, as well as strong technical procurement experience within logistics.
Leading the procurement for the logistics category, you will be tasked with designing, implementing and executing sourcing strategies for road transportation, sea and air freight. You will liaise with 3PL providers on commercial aspects such as contracts negotiations, whilst building upon current relations. Working with the wider business to educate them you will improve procurement buy in through credibility and delivering tangible savings.
What skills and experience are required?
- Strong experience in the sourcing of transport contracts with a focus on freight management across rail, road, sea and air
- Working on cost saving models with 3PL and 4PL providers for warehousing
- Experience in sourcing suppliers across a global remit including EMEA, APAC and America
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to negotiate and implement new commercial strategies
- Flexibility on travel
- The ability to communicate at a senior level and present business and supplier plans
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned organisation and become an integral member of the procurement function. Not only will you receive excellent progression and skilled leadership but you will improve your overall procurement skillset and negotiation skills. To apply directly, or find out more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BramwithProcure
KEY WORDS: Procurement, transport, indirects, freight, logistics, 3PL, 4PL, professional services, sea, air, rail, global, degree