Procurement Category Specialist - £38-45k
Procurement Category Specialist: Multinational Brand - Cambridgeshire - £38,000-45,000k - MCIPS Sponsorship - Fast Tracked Progression to Category Manager - Greenfield
This globally renowned medical research organisation is dedicated to improving health across the globe, making significant progress in the fight against disease utilising innovative approaches across the business. Such an important mission requires high-performing support functions to maximise the organisation's reach and impact.
In recognition of this, the organisation is launching a procurement transformation initiative to develop a strategic Procurement & Supplier Management service for key business functions, resulting in the creation of this Procurement Category Specialist position.
As Procurement Category Specialist you will:-
- Lead the sourcing and contracting of goods and services across indirect procurement categories.
- Implement best-practice procurement and supplier management procedures, strategies and systems to maximise value and increase performance
- Collaborate with the Head of Procurement to drive the strategic procurement agenda, working proactively with the budget holders to ensure resources are efficiently managed
- Manage the end-to-end tender process (from market & supplier analysis to contract award) for key service contracts in collaboration with other business units
- Build effective supply chain relationships in order to leverage spend, reduce cost, mitigate commercial and legal risk and add value
- Champion continuous improvement and procurement best practice to instil a high-performance culture
Required qualifications & experience:-
- 1-3+ years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience, with a CV that details commercial achievements (cost savings & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Indirect category experience
- Degree qualified & CIPS studying professionals preferred though not essential
Find out more using the by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to jobsAMD@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or by applying directly through this page.
Keywords: Procurement, Indirect Procurement, Cambridgeshire, Procurement Specialist, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Manager, Career Progression, MCIPS, Degree