Senior Buyer | Global Healthcare Organisation | West Sussex
This Global, Award Winning organisation is entering an exciting new phase with the development of a market leading innovation that is patented worldwide. In response, the Procurement team is on a strategically focused journey and moving toward a category defined approach.
As Senior Buyer, you’ll be strategically responsible for a category spend of c.£20m spanning various direct materials and will be a key figure head in defining and implementing this re designed approach. There is the expectation that you will be driven and motivated to progress through the organisation and succession planning is already in place.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for spend across a number of direct material categories
• Leads by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with Engineering, Technical and Operational stakeholders to secure value
• Establishes alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the services covered whilst protecting from risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain
• Contribute to the development and adoption of key processes and ways of working for the procurement function
• Accountable for creating and achieving through the team cost savings, cash flow improvements, service and quality targets
Skills and Achievements: • End to end responsibility of a Direct Category
• Manufacturing background would be advantageous but not essential
• Stakeholder management skills – must be customer focussed and commercially driven
• Dynamic – you must be adaptable and able to flourish in demanding environments
• Ideally 3+ years end to end Procurement experience