Permanent Procurement Manager
Your new company
A specialist designs and manufacturing company with links globally.
Your new role
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic, positive and self motivated Procurement Manager to deliver a comprehensive & robust service that meets the business's requirements. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of managers and form part of the operations management team. The team are striving to improve at every opportunity, whilst managing the growth of an increasingly complex business. The successful candidate must have the desired balance between excellent attitude and an excellent aptitude for the profession.
What you'll need to succeed
The Procurement Manager is required to effectively lead a team, working with suppliers & partners alike to facilitate an efficient and sustainable supply chain for the business. The primary focus must be the delivery of quality components on time to production. Cost reduction is also a critical requirement, with a business objective of 5% year on year.
Main Duties Include:
● Lead & manage a small team to deliver a high quality service to the business - roles currently include a Buyer, a Purchasing Administrator and a Goods Inwards Coordinator.
● Manage a spend of over £2 million across all areas of purchasing including, component parts, packaging, supplies and utilities as well as ad hoc and day to day supplies needed for the business to function
● Responsible for the stock valuation held by the business (currently ~£1m).
● A clear and contextual understanding of the products, components & suppliers.
● Proactive supply chain management including supplier performance measurement & communication.
● Visiting key suppliers (occasionally overseas)
● Annually deliver 5% material cost reduction
● Ensuring the maintenance of supplier records & performance information by the team
● Manage and facilitate the company's day to day purchasing activities ensuring that all orders are placed on time and accurately to deliver the best service possible to your internal customers (stores/production/R&D and accounts primarily).
● Maintain & develop a range of KPIs which monitor and analyse the performance of the department.
● Ensure all purchasing activities undertaken by you & the team deliver on time in full kits to production.
● New product introduction
● Manage the supply chain risk register and provide updates to the Operations Director on a monthly basis.
● Proactive obsolescence management
● Ownership of the Purchasing & Supply Chain Management procedure (SAQP03) - this will require at least annual review & update.
● Play a key role in the operations management team, collaborating with colleagues to deliver against joint objectives.
● Strong focus on streamlining & automation of the supply chain
● Contractual negotiations
Essential Requirements /Personal Specification
CIPS level 4 minimum
3-5 years management experience
Excellent leadership, communication skills, good problem solver with positive attitude to work.Worked in a quality/cost control environment. Worked with MRP systems
Some travel may required within the role remit, usually UK with some Europe/USA
What you'll get in return
Benefits package TBC
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly