Group Purchasing Manager
My client are currently recruiting for a Group Purchasing Manager to manage and organise the procurement strategy within the business, where you will effectively organise and establish Procurement Strategies and Procedures to improve business efficiency and cost management.
There are no direct reports into this role.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners
- Develop existing and new suppliers to ensure the organisation has access to lines of supply that continuously improve its competitive position
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers including monitoring performance and KPIs
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to understand and deliver purchasing requirements
- Negotiating and administration of purchasing contracts
- Cost saving budgeting and targeting
- Setting and planning how to achieve supplier accreditation and service level management
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
The successful candidate will be / have:
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent internal client engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Good communication skills, able to build and develop strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Proven experience of deploying strategic procurement strategies and processes that deliver real business value
- The ability to influence at all levels across a large organisation
- Personal credibility, integrity, diplomacy, tenacity and open-mindedness
- Sound analysis of data and issues to develop workable solutions on a timely basis