Group Purchasing Manager
Your new company
Your next company are a global US media company who pride themselves on bringing a voice to local commodities and business with over 800 sales staff and multi million readers and digital users every month.
Your new role
In a standalone role reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, the Group Purchasing Manager will be tasked with directing over £30m pa expenditure and the further development, management and implementation of strategic sourcing and business process efficiencies for the group and its regional businesses across the UK, in order to release maximum cost savings within a robust and sustainable supply chain.
- Responsibility for delivering the supply chain strategy for a range of diverse spend categories, in the following regions of trading: UK
- Total cost reduction, cost efficiencies and avoidance to meet Group budget;
- Supply chain availability and supplier relationship management in line with Group expectations and in accordance with Group and legislative requirements;
- Successful stakeholder engagement.
* Identify opportunities to deliver cost reductions and efficiencies for the group across direct and indirect spend categories at a strategic and tactical level
* Consolidate purchasing power and leverage to successfully negotiate best in market pricing and terms
* Ensure key business demand is satisfied according to contractual agreements
* Engage with senior stakeholders to successfully implement procurement strategies, cost savings and efficiencies
* Negotiation, governance and management of all Group-wide contractual agreements
* Ensure all contract terms represent best practice and legal compliance
* Control process and sign-off for all external purchases in-line with sign off authorities
c) SUPPLY CHAIN AND SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT
* Ensure that key resources have a secure and sustainable supply chain
* Manage and improve supplier performance (cost, quality, delivery) through appropriate supplier management methodology
d) ADHERANCE TO LEGISLATION AND POLICY
* Champion compliant sourcing
* Ensure all Group responsibilities in relation to CSR, energy and environmental initiatives are adhered to, and all government requirements/targets are met
* Ensure all suppliers meet with their required legislative and ethical obligations, with particular focus on quality, anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery, and data protection
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for interview stage you will be able to:
* Previous experience in a senior procurement role, working across a wide range of categories
* Must be a highly motivated individual with excellent procurement experience, interpersonal and communication skills
* Must be able to demonstrate effective decision making and sound judgement using analytical, commercial and execution skills
* Conducts successful supplier negotiations, demonstrating a proven ability to deliver profit
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with a high degree of accuracy
* Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
* Graduate calibre, MCIPS qualified advantageous
* Personality is key to this role, as the successful candidate will need to excel managing a varied workload of internal and external demands, adhering to strict time constraints, and positively influencing colleagues and suppliers to deliver the required outcomes
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Group Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly