Logistics Support Co-Ordinator
Logistics Support Co-Ordinator
Your new company
One of Europe's leading FMCG companies based in Northern Ireland who are experiencing continued success and are now on another growth platform.
Your new role
You will play a pivotal role within the Transport Planning and Distribution team responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient distribution of products, meeting customer order requirements on time, in full, and at least total cost.
Reporting to the Customer Supply Chain Manager, you will support and undertake Foodservice transport planning when required, both from our manufacturing sites or any of our 3rd party storage locations. You will be expected to detail with transport providers and drivers, and perform the load planning function when needed. You will assist with the management of customer book-ins, keeping customers updated of any potential issues, as well providing administrative support within this function.
- Responsible for the efficient planning of deliveries and distribution utilising the company fleet.
- Engaging 3rd party hauliers and transport companies for support when needed.
- Liaise with 3rd party hauliers to ensure the effective delivery of goods in and out.
- The creation and implementation of load plans, using continuous improvement to identify and implement more cost effective measures where necessary.
- Maintaining and improving upon a high level standard of OTIF (on time in full) for all deliveries.
- Managing any transport claims or complaints, following these up with a reasonable solution and closing out any outstanding claims / complaints.
- Responsible for validating external Hauliers billing receipts
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent in a Business or Logistics discipline.
- Essential to have and be able to demonstrate excellent relevant experience in Transport Planning and working within a Logistics/Distribution function.
- Previous experience of having responsibility for managing contracts and budgets within this role would be an advantage.
- Candidates must be proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience using an ERP/Warehouse Management system is preferable.
- Our ideal candidate will be proactive, with the ability use their own initiative to resolve problems. They will work well under pressure and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate they are professional and committed at all times, and work well with colleagues showing potential leadership ability.
- A desire to constantly exceed expectations while motivating high performance in others is essential.
- Must be able to travel regularly to other sites and locations as required.
- It is preferable that experience has been gained within a food manufacturing environment.
What you'll get in return
My client has offered a competitive salary along with a market leading package. This is an excellent opportunity for a Logistics Professional to progress their career with this supportive, progressive and forward thinking market leader. Also this is an excellent time to join the firm given their recent and continuous growth and inward investment. You will enjoy an autonomous role however will receive guidance and training when required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.