I'm recruiting for a Contracts Specialist role reports into the Global Procurement Centre Of Excellence (COE) Manager and is responsible for driving improved value, compliance, and effective risk management, within the sourcing process, through effective contract creation, development, and management, as well as supporting operational activities within the Procurement Function, such as Training, Coaching, and Process Mapping. The role supports contract negotiation and development activity where required, and transfers knowledge and skills in the process.
The Role will be Accountable for:
* Understanding the specific contracting requirements of the company requirements
contacting plans and priorities to ensure compliance in the most efficient and effective way.
* Actively participating in business projects that involve contracting
* Liaising with Legal Teams and standards & contracting specifics
* Understanding business objectives and requirements for contracting processes
* Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies;
* Participating in some aspects of the full sourcing process which include development of scope, contract writing, and contract execution;
* Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved
* Selecting the correct contract templates for use in creating a contract, being able to use the templates appropriately, and amending clauses where necessary
* Ensuring local contracts comply with master/global agreements
* Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
* Engaging, challenging, and influencing internal customers, and providing guidance on PSCM processes and risk management
Experience & Expertise
* Deep knowledge of contracting processes, tools and systems in directs and indirect sectors, as well as a strong understanding of critical clauses and T&Cs
* Deep contracting practitioner knowledge - either a legal or procurement (preferably both) background. (Highly knowledgeable in contracting processes, tools and systems ideally in direct and Indirect sectors, as well as deep understanding of critical clauses and T&Cs.)
* Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills. Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, in multiple countries / time zones.
* A proven track record of delivering and supporting sourcing processes and services in a complex blue chip global organisation, ideally within a procurement function dealing with multi-billion $ spends.
* Ability to prioritise personal tasks, and assist others with managing their workload.
* Graduate or equivalent qualification/experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Contracts Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly