Senior Procurement Officer
Generalist Procurement Role
Your new company
I'm working with a public sector client based in Oxfordshire.
Your new role
In your new role you will be placed within an established team of 2, reporting directly into a head of. This position will require you to come in and hit the ground running and be confident to manage multiple projects at one time.
Key objectives will be to:
- Ensure the successful delivery of council wide services for the benefit of the residents of both councils.
- To support and lead on procurement projects for the councils/council owned companies, which demonstrate value for money, successful delivery of services and compliance with procurement legislation.
- In conjunction with the other Senior Procurement Officer & 2x part time Procurement Officers to lead, develop manage and monitor the councils' procurement policies and procedures in line with best practice.
- To deliver cashable savings through undertaking procurement exercises, assisting in the development of service specifications and supporting the council in effective contract management.
The key responsibilities of this excited "hands on" role will be:
- Run procurement exercises at all levels including those at OJEU and call-offs from framework agreements.
- Monitor the corporate contracts register and work with individual service areas to ensure it is up to date. Provide solutions and pathways to facilitate excellent service delivery of procured contracts.
- Provide high level and complex procurement advice in a way in which other officers can understand. Support in the strategic direction of the councils and council owned companies.
- Ensure the councils are protected at all times from any potential procurement risks and ensure appropriate mitigations are put in place.
- Be proactive and work autonomously in supporting service areas and coming up with new efficient ways of working.
- Positively challenge any potential rogue spend and identify effective solutions to make savings.
What you'll need to succeed
In order for you to be considered for interview your will have the following:
- Ideally, MCIPS qualified (or willing to studying towards a MCIPS qualification)
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of public procurement of contract development and supplier management at a senior level.
- Experience in undertaking large OJEU level procurement exercises in line with procurement legislation that ensures successful delivery and value for money.
- Experience in running procurement exercises through eProcurement software, such as In-Tend.
- Detailed understanding of UK & EU laws on public sector procurement. As well as any relevant case law. Understanding how small businesses can be encouraged to tender for contracts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly